Fridge staples

Friday, November 5, 2010

Lately I've been getting together with friends, reconnecting after so much time of being away.  One thing people ask me is what in the world to feed me?!  Its really not so hard people, anything veggie related is just fine!  I don't need meat as a main course!  But I do appreciate people trying to accommodate my "weird" diet.

Anyways, that got me thinking about what I try to keep stocked in my fridge and pantry to keep my own self fed.  Here's a list of some things that are my go-to things for lunches, snacks, and meals on the fly.  Veggie sandwiches, burritos, and stir-frys are easy, quick meals and I always try to have fixins for those.

Veggies:                                                                    Grains:
Tomatoes                                                                  Brown rice
Cucumbers                                                                Quinoa
Sprouts (like broccoli)                                                Oatmeal
Avocado                                                                  
Zucchini or another type of squash
Bell peppers (RED!!!! are my favorite)                       Other stuff:
Broccoli                                                                     Pasta & sauce
Cauliflower                                                                A variety of beans
Potatoes                                                                    Lentils
Sweet potatoes                                                         Canned soups
                                                                                 Tortillas
Fruit:                                                                         Salsa                                                    
Bananas                                                                    Nuts                                                                  
Apples                                                                      Cilantro
Grapes                                                                      Fresh basil
Anything else that strikes me!

These are just the basics, but if you keep these staples on hand you will guarantee a variety of healthy, vegan meals.  And you can feed me when I come over, too.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Making Friends With Veggies Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino