Tsunami in Indo-I was just there!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I woke up this morning to news of a tsunami that hit southwestern Sumatra, an island in Indonesia.  I was particularly shocked because I WAS JUST THERE!!!  I was in Padang and the Mentawai islands (an island chain, surf destination off the coast of the city of Padang on Sumatra).  We went to the Mentawi islands and stayed in a homestay right on the beach!!  We visited friends in Padang!  There's a surf charter boat missing and a captain of another surf charter boat commented that they had to jump overboard, and I wondered if it was a captain we met.  I'm still waiting to hear from my friends there to see if they're okay.  Please join me in sending out prayers and thoughts to the people effected by this devastating event.

map locator Indonesia Tsunami Death Toll Increases (from BBC)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you were already back and safe.

Post a Comment

Making Friends With Veggies Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino