Three inspiring websites

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

One of my top five on the Strengths Finder test is "connectedness", meaning that I see connections in the world and have an understanding of how my choices and relationships are connected.  At first I didn't understand this about myself, it seemed kind of out there.  But since becoming vegan, I totally get it.  I began this journey to impact my health, and in reading various literature, saw how food choices impact the environment and the global community.  Not to mention how my consumption of other things (clothing, cosmetics and personal care items, gasoline, water) impact the world, and in turn how these choices impact my health.  Its easy to feel overwhelmed with all the craziness in the world, but I'm learning to, in the words of Teddy Roosevelt, "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are". Just because I can't do everything doesn't mean I shouldn't do something.

These three websites have inspired me as of late.  There are a TON of other amazing websites out there, but these are the three I've been visiting most.  Check them out and let me know what you think.

EcoStiletto All things green.  Great suggestions on green alternatives.

Crazy Sexy Life Kriss Carr started this project when she was diagnosed with cancer. Her honesty and sweetness in the midst of an incredibly difficult situation is (word of the day alert!) inspiring.

The Kind Life Alicia Silverstone's website based on her book "The Kind Diet".  I really enjoy the forum and virtual community.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Making Friends With Veggies Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino