Thanksgiving

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I survived my first vegan Thanksgiving!!  I was pretty anxious about how it would go because I didn't have a lot of time to prepare.  We went to visit the Hubs family, and well, you know how it can be with the in-laws.  My mother-in-law is an amazing cook and enjoys a challenge.  We talked before hand and she had an idea of how to make some dishes vegan, and I brought a Tofurky and some vegan butter.  And I snuck in some chocolate chips, just in case.

Of course I didn't get any pictures because I thought I forgot my camera.  Turns out I had it the entire time.  What a bust!  That means I didn't get any pictures of my baby nephew either.  Idiot (said Napolean Dynamite style)!

On the menu:
Tofurky & Tofurky gravy
Valerie's amazing sour dough stuffing (I'll try to get the recipe to share!)
Garlic Mashed Potatoes, made with Earth Balance buttery spread
Sauteed Brussel Sprouts
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Dinner rolls
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Pumpkin pie (purchased from an undisclosed bakery and it was really horrible)

Later during the weekend I made some chocolate chip cookies, which were a huge hit!  I was also impressed that my family was so supportive, asking me questions about veganism and trying my dishes.  This totally reinforced my decision, and even influenced the Hubs to try going vegan for 30 days!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Making Friends With Veggies Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino