2010 in Review

Thursday, December 30, 2010

I thought this would be a good time to reflect on this last year and think about the year to come.  I mean why not?  Everyone's doing it!

2010 was SUCH a full year!  I haven't shared a lot about myself personally on this blog keeping it to food, but here's what happened in my life this year:

-I graduated with my Masters in Social Work (MSW) in May

-The Hubs and I packed what we could fit in our cars and sold or donated the rest, then drove across the country moving back to Los Angeles.  That was an adventure, let me tell you!  The Hubs has his own special way of carrying out moves and road trips.  I'm sure glad that's over!

-Ten days after arriving in sunny Southern California, we embarked on a ten week journey through South East Asia, mainly visiting Thailand and Indonesia.  I haven't blogged much about this because I'm still processing the trip, but I'm thinking about sharing with the blog world soon.  Thinking about it...procrastinating...same difference!

-Two weeks after returning to the country I started a new job.  Its been awesome but SO busy, much more than I anticipated!  Although I love what I'm doing I didn't anticipate working 24/7.  I've adjusted a little and things have calmed down, so hopefully I have the time and energy to blog.

-While trying to adjust to being back in So Cal, recovering from my trip, settling in to a new job, the holidays hit me.  I can't believe how fast the last few months have flown by!  Of course seeing family and having time off from work have been wonderful, but I also received several vegan cookbooks!  Many recipes and reviews to come.

Well that's me in a nutshell.  What's next?  I'm not so much a fan of the whole new year's resolution fails.  And that's just what they always seem to be, fails!  However, in the words of my dad, to fail to plan is to plan to fail, so I suppose I should set some goals for myself and the ol' blog.  Here I go:

-Revamp the look.  I've been wanting it to look differently since I set it up, but I lack the patience and the mental capacity for making it look amazing.  Several people have said they'd help but nothing has come together.  Can anyone help me with this?  Anyone...anyone...Bueller...Bueller...

-Blog at least once a week.  I did this at first and it doesn't seem unreasonable.

-Post about new recipes at least twice a month.  Also not unreasonable (double negative intended).  I'm cooking anyway, why not post about it?!  Especially with my plethora of cookbooks.

Any bets on how long I'll last with these goals?

1 comments:

Sierra said...

That sounds like a crazy year! Good luck on your goals for the new year! :)

Post a Comment

Making Friends With Veggies Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino